Monday, July 4, 2011

Early Hiatus over - back at it!

So it's been awhile since I've posted my Thank Yous, but it wasn't because I hadn't written any! I just wasn't making a point to update the blog/my site promptly and share what I've been doing.

On a random note though, when my Kindle "broke down" a couple weeks ago as I was waiting to fly to New York, I got my hands on The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin and read over half of it over the course of my weekend trip. I finished it last night and LOVED it. And I am wondering if my project fits into any genre - it's not quite a "stunt" because I haven't set out to write all of my Thank Yous in one calendar year. However, it is a project towards self-improvement and growth and partaking in it is making me happy.

I've started keeping a running list in my Iphone of ideas of people to thank, preventing the loss of an idea simply because I'm not near pen, paper, or my computer at that. I also realized that although I've written Five Thank Yous so far (the other two shared in the subsequent posts), I have Nine Hundred Ninety-Five to go, and I need to find a way to resolve some doubts I've already experienced. First, what type of contact/return information should I be including within the card? And second, should I be making each recipient aware of my project and their place in it?

For the latter question, I think the answer is a resounding Yes. My fear that it will demean the value of the Thank You by making it a specimen in a social experiment stems from my greater fears/discomfort with sharing Thank Yous that started this entire project! As for what type of information to include and how to format it, my best bet is to create a business card sharing a few key pieces of information.

So, I'm off to update the site and create my method of contact information sharing!

No comments:

Post a Comment