Thursday, July 7, 2011

Eight

A tricky one, because I couldn't find a postal mailing address for this author. So, I mailed her publisher (address on inside pages of book) writing "Attn: Gretchen Rubin" and crossing my fingers that it gets to her! Written yesterday, mailed today:

Dear Gretchen,

On Friday June 24, my fiance and I arrived the Pittsburgh airport and found out that our flight to New York was delayed. I wasn't perturbed much since I had my Kindle to keep me occupied However, my Kindle malfunctioned and I couldn't figure out what was wrong with it. Instead of calling Amazon, I decided to check out the nearby store for some entertainment.

I scanned the shelves several times and couldn't find a book or magazine that I liked. Correction -- I couldn't find one that I was willing to spend money on since I had a (broken) Kindle full of digital books back at the gate. Before leaving the store I decided to scan one last time and saw your book "The Happiness Project". I read the full title cover, liked your honest face, and bought it.

I returned to the gate and read the book while the plane was being serviced. I read it after boarding and through the entire flight. I read it during the HOUR after we landed and circled the airport waiting for a gate to taxi at. I read it on the entire flight back to Pittsburgh that Sunday. I read it on subsequent random evenings in my living room, and I finished it last Thursday!

I loved it. I love how you tell your story and what your project did for you. I have yet to formally begin my own Happiness Project, but I already randomly remember snippets of yours, ones about cutting people slack, or spending out, or sleeping when my body tells me I'm tired even if there is another "Housewives" episode on.

I look forward to seeing the continued effects your book will have on my life, and I thank you for putting it all out there!

Sincerely,

Hima Tadoori

No comments:

Post a Comment